Friday 27 July 2012

Hello and welcome to my reading program

Hello, firstly I would like to introduce myself to you all as Katina. I am studying at the University of South Australia and have two strong passions these being Health and Physical Education and Home Economics. In the near future I would hope that I am able to work within these faculties within the metropolitan area. I was born and grew up in a country town near the Spencer Gulf where I attended a Catholic School for all my schooling years. When I was growing up I played many sports and my favourite was hockey, I was able to represent my town, area and state throughout the years. In the holidays I was able to go back to my home town and live back with my family and eat lovely home cooked meals. Watching football is also a major part in my life and enjoyed doing this on the weekend back home as my brother plays for a local club. I also worked at Kmart where I have been there for almost four years know. As well as working and relaxing throughout the holidays I attended a course for Active After School Communities where I am able to teach sport to students in OSHC programs.


The book I am currently reading is Matilda; now although I have read this previously I find it rather interesting how it is a book that is called upon in lectures within the English faculty. I am in hope that reading this book again I am able to further analyse the context as well as various other aspects. Roald Dahl I believe is a famous author and would like to read one or two other books to make and see connections or differences. I believe that it is important especially for myself that when reading these books I will extend my English capabilities and build on prior knowledge. I am learning that English is a ever changing and complex subject and believe it is important as a pre-service teacher to ensure I have a large knowledge base.

No comments:

Post a Comment