Sunday 29 July 2012

Who am I? Introduction


Hi my name is Ruth and I am currently in my second year of a four-year degree studying a Bachelor of Education (Primary/Middle) at University of South Australia. With the new changes in place next year, this will allow me to teach from Reception to Year 10. My two general studies are Mathematics and Health & Physical Education. My decision for these two generals was greatly influenced by my high school achievements and my own passions. I have always loved mathematics, as there is normally only one answer, and if you don’t get that, you know you have done something wrong.
I am a very competitive person in all areas, especially when it comes to Physical Education. I believe it’s the thrill of winning which keeps me motivated and competitive.
I also work in a school about 5 minutes from my house as a teacher’s aide (SSO). At this present time, I work and shadow a 5 year old autistic boy in Reception and also work with a few more students in other year levels. I obtained this job at the start of my first year of university after volunteering during year 12. My job is very useful when trying to apply theory to practice and as I learn new strategies, ideas and more, these are then also applied within my work.

With this new semester of university, I have enrolled in an English course “English, Language and Literacy” which asks us to start a blog in groups. The main purpose is for us to become familiar with a range of literature, and to draw on the concepts and ideas we are introduced to throughout the course. We also have to keep a personal reading program, which consists of each of us reading a mixture of children and adolescent books.


No comments:

Post a Comment