Wednesday 26 September 2012

Blog Reflection and Summary

Engaging with and contributing to this blog has been a very beneficial experience – as it has introduced me to a wide and varied range of literature.  Not only have I selected, read and critiqued books on my own – I have had the opportunity to benefit from the selections and viewpoints of my peers. Engaging actively with literature in this way while simultaneously working with the course material provided in our workshops/lectures/readings, has helped me to connect my developing theoretical knowledge with tangible resources – and will in the long term, help me to connect theory with practice.

The books I have read and posted about during the course are:

In Flanders Fields – written by Norman Jorgensen and illustrated by Brian Harrison-Lever

Memorial - written by Gary Crew and illustrated by Shaun Tan

Piggybook – written and illustrated by Anthony Browne

The Arrival – written and illustrated by Shaun Tan

Dogger - written and illustrated by Shirley Hughes

Owl Babies -  written by Martin Waddell and illustrated by Patrick Benson

Bertie and the Bear – written and illustrated by Pamela Allen

Mister Magnolia – written and illustrated by Quentin Blake

 

The Naming of Tishkin Silk - written by Glenda Millard and illustrated by Caroline Magerl

Fantastic Mr Fox – written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake

The Fiery Salamander – written by Colin Thiele and illustrated by Mark Wilson

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time written and illustrated by Mark Haddon

Charlotte’s Web – written by E.B. White


No comments:

Post a Comment