Wednesday 26 September 2012

Reflection and Reading Program Summary

This blog has been very beneficial to my learning as it has allowed me to connect with the key ideas explored throughout the lectures and workshops and relate this to student learning in the English curriculum. It has also given me some ideas as to how I can record students reading and development in the classroom, and why particular books would be good/why they wouldn't be etc. I have gained many fantastic ideas to one day implement in my own classroom with my own students.

My reading program summary:

Novels:

1. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
2. Jillaroo - Rachel Treasure
3. Matilda - Roald Dahl
4. The Donkey who Carried the Wounded - Jackie French
5. Vicky Angel - Jacqueline Wilson.

Picture Books:

1. Billy Dog's Bad Day - Richard Scarry
2. Franklin is Messy - Paulette Bourgeois
3. Arthur - Amanda Graham
4. Rainbow Fish and the Big Blue Whale - Marcus Pfister
5. Rosie Meets Mr Wintergarten - Bob Graham
6. The Ragged Old Bear - Leone Peguero
7. The Mermaid Princess - Shirley Barber
8. Roll Over, Pavlova! - June Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment